Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Brilliant Sunset

I
Yesterday brought another stunning sunset our way.  Above is a lone seagull standing in what looks like a
layer of  liquid gold.

Along came some sandpipers and I got a kick out of watching them run back and forth all together as the tide washed in and out.


The sun  fell down below a bank of clouds and things were looking a little dull, but soon a bright pink glow appeared though the clouds.  Within minutes a most unreal shade of pink filled the sky and reflected off the clouds and water.

As the sky darkened I managed to get up close to the sandpipers just as a small wave rolled in.  As they were headed toward me I grabbed a shot of their reflection along with the sky's in a thin layer of water on the sand.   The pink turned to a fluorescent shade of orange. What a dramatic end to a lovely winter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment